Digital and Social Media Lead – Mission Possible Partnership (MPP)
Location: United Kingdom
Reports to: Deputy Director of Communications, Mission Possible Partnership
Hours per week (average): Full time
Overtime Status: Exempt
We Mean Business (WMB) is a global coalition of nonprofit organizations, working with the world’s most influential businesses to take action on climate change. We are working to transform the world economy so that it is on track to limit global heating to 1.5°C in ways that deliver sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity. Through unprecedented collaboration, we catalyze business action and drive ambitious policy to halve emissions by 2030 and accelerate an inclusive transition to a net-zero economy by 2050, at the latest.
This role will focus on supporting the Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) which is a critical collaborative platform to shape the global architecture for sectoral decarbonization. MPP’s mission is to lead high ambition sector initiatives to help facilitate the transition of heavy industry sectors towards net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. MPP is a collaboration between four core organizations – The World Economic Forum, The Energy Transitions Commission (ETC), The Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) and We Mean Business Coalition (WMB).
MPP is seeking an experienced, innovative Digital and Social Media Lead to develop and execute our brand’s digital and social media strategy. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, motivated individual that will help the brand grow its footprint across channels like email, web, Twitter, and LinkedIn and drive engagement with targeted audiences, influencers and partners. The ideal candidate has a knack for finding stories that resonate and bringing them to life in ways that fit the channel, the audience, and the brand. You have the ability to translate complex subject matter into snackable content and are able to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
Role & Responsibilities
- Set, plan and implement social media, website, and email campaigns and strategies
- Coordinate messaging across all digital channels
- Develop a content marketing plan and editorial calendar for the website, email, and social channels
- Craft content for MPPs social channels including engaging text, image and video content as well as social media toolkits and create social media toolkits to share with partners.
- Develop and execute web content updates to ensure website is up to date with the latest information and events
- Work closely with digital agency to ensure content remains on brand, fresh and relevant
- Monitor, track and report on digital email, and social media channels
- Monitor all campaigns performance across channels and prepare reports showing results against key performance indicators (KPIs)
Experience & Skills
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools (posting, listening, analytics)
- Experience with website content management tools; experience with WordPress is a plus
- Experience analyzing social, email, and web analytics and building actionable reports
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, strong attention to detail, and a team player
- Ability to operate under pressure, understand complex topics, proactively recommend creative solutions, and adapt to shifting priorities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing social media campaigns and other digital strategies
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition
Please submit your cover letter and application for this role here. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 6th.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment tasks, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Anna Mahar, Operations Manager at [email protected]
Benefits and compensation vary per region and are competitive with local prevailing packages. Regardless of location, team members get equipment stipends to ensure they are set up wherever they may be working from, generous time off, and paid parental leave.
All positions at We Mean Business Coalition are grant funded and are contingent upon continued funding. We Mean Business Coalition is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.All Job Openings