Business Backs Low-Carbon USAWe Mean Business
PARIS AGREEMENT SUPPORT LETTER AT COP22 SOCIAL MEDIA AND MESSAGING TOOLKIT
I. KEY URLS:
- Statement will appear at: www.lowcarbonusa.org
- Press release will appear at: http://bit.ly/2fSu3HB
- Live-streamed press conference (7:30am-8:00am EST): :http://unfccc.cloud.streamworld.de/upcoming
II. SAMPLE MESSAGING:
- We’ve joined over 350 companies in calling on our elected U.S. leaders to strongly support continued U.S. participation in the Paris Climate Agreement; the continuation of low-carbon domestic policies; and investment in the low-carbon economy at home and abroad.
- Climate change presents a risk to our operations, supply chain, and the overall success of our business—not to mention to the global economy at large. We think it is wise to both mitigate and prepare for these risks.
- We recognize the toll that climate change is taking on our communities. Governments, civil society, and businesses need to work together to address this global issue. As a responsible company we pledge to do our part.
- U.S. participation in the Paris Agreement is critical to our ability to address the threats of climate change. The transition to a clean energy future is irreversible and inevitable, but participation in the Paris Agreement is crucial for addressing climate change in a timely manner in order to keep global temperature rise below 2°C.
III. SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS:
Sample Twitter posts:
- The #ParisAgreement is a historic opportunity to tackle #climatechange. We encourage U.S. leaders to support it. www.lowcarbonusa.org [+ image]
- We join 350 companies encouraging continued US participation in the #ParisAgreement. http://bit.ly/2fSu3HB #ActOnClimate [+ image]
- We support a #LowCarbonUSA & call on our elected leaders to continue supporting the #ParisAgreement www.lowcarbonusa.org #ActOnClimate [+ image]
- The #ParisAgreement is critical for keeping global temperature rise below 2°C. We support policies that will help enable a #LowCarbonUSA [+ image]
- We encourage @realDonaldTrump to continue global momentum on #climatechange by supporting the #ParisAgreement [+ image]
- We want the US economy to be energy efficient and powered by low-carbon energy. #ParisAgreement #COP22 www.lowcarbonusa.org
Sample Facebook post:
- We’ve joined 350 companies in signing a letter supporting the Paris Climate Agreement and a low-carbon U.S. economy. We recognize the importance of this historic global climate pact and encourage elected U.S. leaders to support the agreement and actions to reduce carbon pollution. Only through working together can we prevent the worst effects of climate change—and protect our global economy. Learn more at: www.lowcarbonusa.org.
IV. SUGGESTED HASHTAGS: