Media Advisory: Global Businesses To Explain How ‘The Paris Effect’ Is Already Benefiting Their CompaniesWe Mean Business
MEDIA ADVISORY FOR: April 20, 2016, 10:30 – 11:30am EST
Global Businesses To Explain How ‘The Paris Effect’ Is Already Benefiting Their Companies
Fortune 500 companies to praise COP21 and call for strong policies, including the U.S. EPA Clean Power Plan
The adoption of the Paris Climate Agreement in December sent a clear signal to businesses and investors worldwide that decarbonization will define the 21st century economy. As national policies to curb emissions are taking shape, changes in the international regulatory environment are transforming global markets, and smart businesses and investors are already seizing the opportunities open to them.
Before world leaders convene on April 22 to sign the Paris Agreement, global business leaders will outline the following:
– New initiatives taken by global companies, such as Google and one of India’s largest conglomerates Mahindra & Mahindra, to further invest in clean technologies as a result of a successful Paris Agreement
– What the Paris Agreement means for business and how the private sector is already taking advantage of the corresponding market changes.
– “Business Backs Low-Carbon U.S.A.” statement supporting low-carbon economy and swift implementation of EPA’s Clean Power Plan and other related low-carbon policies.
Experts from the We Mean Business Coalition’s seven business-facing networks have analyzed the intricacies of the Paris Agreement to identify the key policies relevant to global business. The findings of their analysis, “What Paris Means for Business,” will be announced during the call. In addition, Ceres will release the “Business Backs Low-Carbon U.S.A.” statement and its full list of signatories.
What: Tele-presser and journalist Q&A on how the Paris Agreement is beginning to shape business and investment decisions.
● Steve Howard, Chief Sustainability Officer, Ikea
● Edward Cameron, Head of Policy, We Mean Business, Managing Director, BSR
● Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer, Mahindra & Mahindra
● Michael Terrell, Principal for Energy and Infrastructure, Google
● Mindy Lubber, President, Ceres
When: April 20th at 10:30am EST/7:30am PST/3:30pm BST/4:30pm CEST/8:00pm IST
To RSVP and for information on how to join, please email [email protected]All Press Releases